Wednesday, August 19, 2009

That Sweetheart Boy of Mine


I got a call at work today about 3:00, and who was it but Kent.

He said, "Could you come by the east doors of your building really quick?"

"Sure, be right there" says I.

I walked out the east doors, and there he was - that sweetheart boy of mine with nothing less than a bag of chocolate chip cookies from Paradise Bakery!! What a guy.

I asked him if he was just now taking his lunch break, and he said, "No - I just had a real quick errand to run. You sounded like you were having a tough day and cookies were the only thing I could think of that would help."

What a sweetheart. Actually, the hug worked better than the cookies ... but don't tell Kent.

4 comments:

  1. That was so nice. Kent is an awesome guy and I'm glad he is part of the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh... That's just so dang sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like i am gonna have to have another "man talk" with him

    ReplyDelete