Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Farmer's Market


Last night, I went to the downtown farmer's market at Pioneer Park. Can I just say that it made me really happy??

The weather was just PERFECT, and it was so relaxing to slowly meander from booth to booth, tasting fresh plums, peaches, apples, and tomatoes fresh from the garden. Then there is the honey butter, cinnamon bread, and goat cheese.

I bought some cinnamon white bread and green apples to make bread pudding with, and I couldn't surpass the GORGEOUS golden plums (that to me taste like a mix between apricot and a sweet plum). I would have bought more, but I didn't have much cash on me.

Summer nostalgia at its finest!

Farmer's Market, I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fun, and you would love where I live because there are Farmers Markets everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun and good food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing says Summer like a good Farmer's Market! I've heard the one at Pioneer Park is amazing...do you know how long it goes??

    ReplyDelete