Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Po' Busted Knee/Foot

Last Wednesday night (July 8), Kent and I were walking home from the church after practicing for a musical number we had on Sunday. We were walking down a ramp/steps leading to our apartment when CRASH! I don't know WHAT I did, but I twisted my foot and fell on it. In the process I grated my knee on the cheese-grater-esque ramp.

I couldn't put any weight on my foot at that point, so poor Kenty had to carry me up the stairs to our apartment. He got me inside, sat me down on the couch with my foot up on pillows and frozen stir-fry vegetables, and set out to the grocery store for some first aid stuff (ice packs, ace bandage, big bandaids for me knee, and some hydrogen peroxide).

It's so funny, because this isn't the first time Kent has had to go on a first aid run for me. In college, I burned my hand grabbing a pan out of the oven (I somehow forgot that pans coming out of the oven were hot, so I grabbed it with my bare hand -- duh). So Kent went to the store and bought me half of the burn aisle. He has also run to the store on many occasions to get me stuff when I've been sick. What a guy!

You see, I'm totally accident prone (although, mom just tells me I'm flitty and I need to start paying attention -- I can actually agree with that).

Here are some picture of the carnage that don't adequately reflect my pain. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you got hurt and hope it feels better soon. That was so sweet of kent to run to the store.

    ReplyDelete