Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Chilean Miner's Sister

I was watching the news tonight on the rescue of the Chilean Miners who had been trapped in an underground mine for something like 2 months.

They were interviewing a woman whose brother was one of the trapped miners. She said, "When I saw him coming out of the capsule, I forgot all of the suffering I endured because now he begins a new life."

Her statement was so sweet to me, because she knew that she might not ever see her brother again. But at last, when the day came that he emerged and they were reunited, "I forgot all of the suffering I endured."

I instantly thought of the loved ones I have lost, and how grateful I am that I'll see them again. I have no doubt that when the day comes that we are reunited, that I will have forgotten all of the suffering that I have endured.

No comments:

Post a Comment