Friday, February 27, 2009

Homemade Duvet Cover - It's a Good Thing

So ... I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner on my own. It might have to do with the fact that I don't sew, but I digress. Anyhoo, check this idea out - it's SO economical, and SO brilliant!

To make your own duvet cover:

- pick out 2 flat sheets (using the same size as your comforter - twin, full, queen, king)

- Place sheets right sides together, and sew around the perimeter with a 1/2-inch seam allowance, leaving an opening along the bottom that extends to 24 inches from each corner

- Turn right side out

- To fasten cover shut once the comforter is inside, sew twill-tape ties, buttons and buttonholes, or Velcro tape along the two inside edges of the opening.

Compliments of MarthaStewart.com

2 comments:

  1. That is such a good idea. Then you can change your "cover" more often for different seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea, I may have to do that. Thanks for sharing Ging. The kids say hi and they love you guys.

    ReplyDelete