A few highlights:
- I was out in the frigid cold for approx 3 hours and did NOT get frostbite!
- I shook President Monson's hand and said, "Hello President Monson"
- I gave the frosty school children my hand warmers in a futile attempt to warm their shivering ickle baby hands
- I gave David Archulleta my black gloves because his ickle hands were likewise shivering
- I heard David Archulleta sing the National Anthem and it was AMAZING
Upon giving Mr. Archulleta my black gloves, I assumed I'd never see them again. However, his father gave them back to my coworker. I was uber impressed. My coworker is going to frame them and put them up on our office wall with the title "Gloves Worn by David Archulleta at the 2009 Inauguration (gloves donated by Ginger Fairbanks, and her mom from whence she swiped)."
My wonderful boss got this photo (PROOF) of David Archulleta wearing MY gloves.
(*Editor's Note: Considering this is technically also Kent's blog I should mention his comments of my giving David my gloves. And I quote: "I'm glad you saved Mr. Idol's hands! Ask me if I'm surprised that he wears girl gloves!")
I'm a little surprised that he would wear girl gloves, but hey, I wont judge. That was very nice of you to give him your gloves and to give the little children your hand warmers. What a nice girl you are. Do your leg muscles hurt today?
ReplyDeleteI think those gloves saved the day. What if his hands would of been too cold to hold the microphone? Disaster!
ReplyDeleteI am not surprised you gave up your stuff to keep you warm, you are such a sweetheart.
ReplyDelete